Sunday, 26 October 2014
Classic Bants
So last week, Han and I went on a night out with some of the people she used to go to school with. A random guy was there called Lionel and he was the poshest guy I have ever met! He was like Jack Whitehall if Jack Whitehall wasn't funny. Anyway we went to a bar called Helipad. Fittingly it was on the top of a building and was a helipad. We got great views of the Petronas Towers and it was probably the nicest view I've seen so far. We decided not to take a picture though....
After that we went to get some food and watch Lionel try to interact with the locals. He was like a boy from Eaton on a school trip and it was awkward and disturbing. Unfortunately his attention turned to us and he regaled us with stories of classic bants such as the time he "dropped some E" at a house party. He was so wild that after 2 beers he even drove his scooter..... without a helmet!!!!
Luckily he left soon after to try and "score some ladies" so we quickly went to another bar and a good time was had by all. We ended up in a place called Havanas and made arrangements with a nice couple we met to have dinner the next day and invite them to rock climbing. We did not do either of these things.
The next day was cool as we went rock climbing. After living on the 17th floor for 2 months, the 30m high wall was nothing so I overcame my fear and managed to make it to the top. Han and I even had a go at Bilet - ing for each other. We weren't great, but definitely better than I was expecting and we'd love to go again!
In the evening we went to games night round a friends house. We enjoyed some curry and nice company and then the games came out... One of them was articulate - pretty standard. The next game involved shoving a coin between your cheeks and then trying to deposit it in a glass. All was going well until one girl managed to lose the coin for a while but play resumed after she managed to wiggle it out. The next "game" was rubbish for me. The idea was that from standing, you have to pick up a cereal box with your mouth without using your arms. This "game" is essentially a hamstring flexibility test which reminded me of the days when I used to go swimming with Sev and he used to play "who can walk furthest into the deep end on their knees" which is essentially a game of "whos taller". Needless to say I did not win this game of flexibility and it was even stopped for a while as one guy (who must have been quite competitive) pulled his muscle quite badly. Han did really well at the game so I'm getting her to give me flexibility training in the evenings.
Next week was back to work as usual, it's getting a bit easier now as we settle down into a routine. Loads of people are getting ill from dodgy food and Han was struck down mid week. I was generally amazing and helped out a lot.
This weekend has been fun - yesterday we went into town and decided to see a lot of the touristy things. We started in Petaling Street which is in Chinatown and had a lush meal for around £6 each (including a drink). All the stalls there sell knock off handbags, shirts etc and rely on haggling so I stayed clear of them. After that we went to the Sin Sze Si Ya temple (I have no ideas how to say it). It was really cool and was full of burning incense and people praying to various different statues. The big lions out the front looked amazing and someone had even put iced gems in their mouths in case they were hungry.
After this we went to the Central Market which was a big disappointment. If I need cheap tat I'll go there but if not I'll stay away. The building was pretty cool though and historic!
Finally we went to Masjid Jamek which is a Mosque. It was really nice and we had to wear robes to cover ourselves up. They had a place to pray but tourists weren't allowed up there. It then began to rain and everyone had to cram under a small gazebo as it all began to flood. It was all very beautiful and I'd love to see some more buildings.
We also went and had a massage at an amazing place which was both relaxing AND felt like it did some good and then went to watch a film in the cinema. For a premium seat, a large popcorn and coke combo, it came to around 6 pounds - so we will definitely be doing this again!
We've booked our Honeymoon to Krabi, Phi phi and Koh Lanta which looks fun and we've also booked a half term getaway in Malacca for a couple of nights. Coming up we've also invited people over for Halloween too so hopefully there will be lots more nice photos to share in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete