So on Saturday I got married and it was a wonderful day.
The night before, we had the rehearsal which went well and it was nice getting everyone together. After that, my mum and my two best men rushed off to book in at our hotel then off to dinner.
The hotel we stayed at was Brooks Guesthouse and it was lovely. We were running late for our dinner reservation as we got there, so asked if we could quickly drop our things off in our room before going out. The man at the front desk was very nice, but didn't pick up the hint so proceeded to show us EVERYTHING there was in the hotel - the laptop, the kitchen, the wifi, the sofa area. I could see mum going a bit mental with worry at missing the dinner and she asked him to skip that and show us our rooms. He then began again showing us all of the different things in the hotel!
After dropping our things off and getting away, mum, Shane, Ash and I went to the Cherry Duck, a lovely little Bistro harbourside in Bristol. We had a lovely meal with Rose and then started table dancing to a reggae song that came on. It was a bit weird but other people (well one other person) joined in and it was all good fun. Then on our way back to the hotel, we stopped off at a pub playing live music and danced around there for a while. We had a great time until Ash accidently kicked the singer's guitar and he stopped mid song to tell us to back away from his gear. A bit awkwardly we left soon after! Was a great night though!
Back at the hotel, I shared a room with Ash and Shane and was awoken by the birds (seagulls) at around 6am. We met the rest of the groom team for brunch at Spicer and Cole in Bristol and had a massive breakfast. It was lovely seeing everyone and amazing to think that in a few short hours, I'd be getting married!
After that, we headed over to the church to get ready. I had my second shower of the day (I had to make sure I smelled good) and the best men and I sipped champagne. After that was a lengthy wait in the church as I sat there in a weirdly calm but surreal state, as I was unable to really take in what was about to happen because I was so excited. Luckily Shane and Ash were on hand to keep me talking!
The Ceremony was beautiful, the readers were wonderful and the singer and violinist were amazing! I was so excited when I saw Hannah walking down the aisle! She had told me she expected to see me crying, but I was so happy and excited, I only manged a grin. Evidently we kept smiling at each other all through the ceremony, and I certainly felt the happiest that I've ever been.
After that we got confetti'd outside the church and had some formal photos taken outside our reception venue.
Hannah's friends all looking prettily in the same direction as all my friends try to copy Josh!
I've never been photographed so much and I have to say I do think that my new wife was looking absolutely stunning!
When we got to the tables, we found a rude surprise waiting for us as our two name tags got close!
The afternoon was spent eating lush food, listening to some of my talented friends singing and playing songs. My new Father in Law gave a wonderful speech, I managed to make my mum cry in mine (in a good way) and both my best men really pulled it out the bag with brilliant speeches which had people laughing.
There was still a bit of time to mingle with friends before our final photo session.
This is me with one of my best men - Ash.
To kick off the evening's music and dancing, Hannah and I had our first dance. Our song was "This is the First Day of my Life" by Bright Eyes and we had practiced a simple routine to go with it!
Luckily it went well and I didn't fall over or drop her!
After the formalities had finished, we all got nicely merry with copious amounts of cider after having finished off all of the champagne and wine. Hannah's Granny started DJing and the night went from there. Everyone was up at some point or another showing off their moves!
And there was more than a little emotional hugging!
The day seemed to fly by so quickly and before I knew it, it was time to go. It was a bit emotional saying goodbye as this was the last time I'd see many of my friends before moving to Malaysia. The made it a wonderful day though, and truly the best day of my life!
After the wedding, we stayed at the Pear Tree Inn which was lovely. We got in at 2am, exhausted after a long but amazing day.
The following day we got up early (ish) and made our way to London for our Minniemoon in Shoreditch House. It was a lovely place to stay, very relaxing and stylish. We sipped Mojios on the rooftop terrace on the first night then snuck off to the street food market round the corner for a cheeky burrito and fajita for dinner. As it was our Minniemoon we splashed out and got Nachos too! On the second day, after a delicious smoked salmon and scrambled egg breakfast, we each got a 90 minute massage. It was lush - I can't wait till I'm rich and can have one every day! In the evening we had more cocktails and went to the hotel's restaurant! The final day I got a full english, then we went shopping in London and I managed to convince myself that it would be a good investment to buy a pair of nice sunglasses for Malaysia.
Finally we got home and opened a whole load of cards and presents from our generous and kind friends!
Truly the best week I have ever had!







No comments:
Post a Comment